Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 15: Life's a Lesson


The single most important lesson that I ever learnt? That is a rather large question for today's BEDM! Life, in my view, is like a jigsaw puzzle. Built up of lessons, experiences, mistakes. Some parts of the puzzle get lost or broken, some are larger, other smaller, some more important, others less so. But what constitutes a lesson? A piece of wisdom or knowledge learnt? Or is it an experience gained through personal endeavour rather than something freely given to you? I still feel like very much an unfinished jigsaw puzzle. I don't feel that I have enough perspective to single out the most important piece. The greatest knowledge that I have been given or believe to be true is that God loves me, and Jesus died for me. That is the piece of my puzzle that all the other fit around, or try to. One of the greatest lessons I have learnt from life are the difficult ones to endure. Learning what it is to be lonely, left out, to fail. Because I suppose you learn more from when things go wrong than when things go right. The way I try to live my life is by treating other people how I would like to be treated. So by learning what it is to be alone for example, the more able you are to help people, or empathise with people in the same situation. So whilst I don't know if I could single distinguish a single most important lesson I have ever learnt, that is one that has really effected the way I live my life. Is there something you have learnt from life that has really altered the way you live it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...