Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 9: Not so Social Media

Today’s topic for BEDM was ‘favourite social media’. I’m not really sure if I have an especial favourite. It probably would be Instagram; I have a bit of a thing for filtered photographs, they turn the world into something much more aesthetically pleasing! It’s rather like wearing sunglasses (although I find them a little uncomfortable on my nose) the lens turn the world into something a beautiful place. But sadly, lacking a phone that is ‘instagrammable’ I don’t think I can really claim the app as a favourite of mine. Facebook is perhaps the platform I use most regularly, but more as an e-mailing system rather than to update the world with my daily goings on. Overall, I think that if I had to choose a favourite it would probably be Youtube. Perhaps, ironically, because it requires the least amount of social interaction. It is rather  an indulgent website, as there is so much for one to consume. My relationship with it is rather a love-hate one: love for the wealth of content and hate for the many hours it has taken from me. As clichéd as it is, I have wasted a good many hours watching silly cat videos! Youtube is a bit of a maze, where you can discover the most curious things. I also rather like that poor quality footage and HD videos with high production value can co exist in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...